1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing JVC Double Din unit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by guod, Mar 20, 2012.

1. guod

guod New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got my 04 prius with JBL and Navigation and want to change out the head unit.

So i just have a few questions.

Since my head unit is double din, I know i need this kit:

h t t p ://w w w .amazon.com/Scosche-010TA2103B-2004-up-Toyota-Double/dp/B002G53BCG

Correct?

Secondly, I have the 9 speaker JBL system and want to know if there is a special harness I need or will a basic harness like this work?

h t t p ://w w w .amazon.com/SCOSCHE-TA02B-Wiring-Harness-Toyota/dp/B00009UHKW/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

Three, What is the best way to get the steering wheel controls to work?

Four, how do I keep the MFD there and use it just for information rather than a head unit? I read something about a resistor trick, but is there a harness that will keep it working?

thanks

2. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349958388.114287.jpg
    Just did mine, and as far as special harness yes tato makes one for the jbl system or you can do what I did if your going to install after market speakers and amps have them bypass the jbl and you don't need it. My head is providing plenty if power to my speakers now I can only imagine how it's foing to sound after.

3. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II