1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing OEM iPod or Bluetooth...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PNorth, Aug 12, 2009.

1. PNorth

PNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've got a 2008 Prius, base model, but with the 16" alloys, larger spoiler, Euro suspension, etc... I think they called it a "Special Edition", but who knows?

It does not have the iPod connector or an "AUX" jack. Nor does it have an "AUX" button on the stereo head unit as the 2010's do.

I'd love to be able to install the OEM iPod connector, but I don't know if the stereo will even have an input for the iPod. Even if it will, would I be able to select the iPod or "AUX" from the stereo I have?
    Are there other options that would work better?

Thanks in advance!

2. Gaujo

Gaujo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    bump
    I have same Qs

3. qmtran

qmtran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    If you are a DIYer you can purchase an aftermarket Ipod interface adapter. From there you can just wire up the cable to the center arm rest. Most of the aftermarket interfaces are plug and play and uses the cd player to activate the Ipod. I personally have not tried it on my Prius. But I did do an install on my Tacoma, and would say the difficulty level to be a 2 star out of 5. I did a quick google search on Ipod adapters for the Prius and came up with several sites. Here is one...

Neo iPod Adapter Kit

4. Gaujo

Gaujo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey thanks a lot qmtran. I have seen pictures before of a little tray inside the center armrest / console that was made for holding an Ipod / Iphone where you could plug it into a cable to interface with the stereo. My 2005 does not have this tray, is it something I could buy?

I wonder if there are any others on the board that have installed one of these kits and would have some feedback?

5. qmtran

qmtran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I'm pretty sure you can buy the tray. If not try ebay.