1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing Rostra Lumbar kits- 2 quick questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bigdementia, Dec 11, 2007.

1. bigdementia

bigdementia New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was wondering how to remove the trim pieces around the headrest holes? I didn't want to just pry and risk breaking them. Also, where is the best location to pick up the power? Any help would be appreciated.

2. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check inside the center console. If I was not mistaken, there should be power inside it.
    Otherwise, if you got NAVI, NAVI system has power also, but it would be my second choice to draw current from electronics to drive some kind of motor.

3. SebMike

SebMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not sure why you need to remove the headrest trim pieces?

I installed the lumber support (two of them, in fact, one for lower back and one more for the lumbar area), but didn't remove the trim pieces for the headrest. I found a hugely useful install guide in this forum when I did it a year or so ago...

For the power, I pulled it from the power port inside of the center console. A word of caution, however, that the wire feeding that port is kinda small. I wouldn't recommend using something with alot of current draw on that port while also operating the lumbar air pump...

Mike

4. DaveLadely

DaveLadely Junior Member

Do you still have that guide? How do you like the lumbar supports? Where did you find them?
    Thanks!!!
    dave

5. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II