1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing Sirius in the Prius???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by LOLGuy, Mar 11, 2005.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    From many of the posts I've read, I'm sure I won't be able to use the MFD controls for a Sirius receiver. Is there an auxilliary input on the JBL head unit that would allow me to avoid having to use fm modulation upon installing Sirius?

Are there any folks out there who have done so and how have your experiences been (and which receiver did you choose)? Not having the aptitude to do it myself, I was planning on having one installed once my Prius arrives. Thanks!

2. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Do a search, there are quite a few threads about adding an input to the JBL stereo. As for Sirius, I have a Brix Streamer connected to via a tape adaptor. Coastaletech.com (Coastal Dave 'round here) is releasing a aux in kit soon. Toyota has (or should have by now) a Sirius tuner that "should" work in the Prius, just as the Toytoa XM tuner works.