1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing the Toyota ipod interface kit in 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by davidsullivan317, Aug 13, 2009.

1. davidsullivan317

davidsullivan317 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I just bought a 2010 Prius and want to get the iPod interface installed.

Long story short I didn't order it as an option when I bought the car but purchased separately from this forum.

It did not come with installation instructions - surprise, surprise. There is a thread here showing how to install in the 2008 Prius but I can't find anything for the 2010 - not here or on the internet.

Anyone know where to find the installation manual for the 2010???

Thanks much,

David

2. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are installation instructions for a USB/ipod interface on the Toyota TIS web site (techinfo.toyota.com - subscription is $15 for 2 days of access). Not sure what part number you may have purchased, but the install instructions are for PT233-47100. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have it in a PDF... I don't think I can post it?

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  4. davidsullivan317

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks much for the replies folks.

Maybe I bought the wrong thing? - I have PT545-00082 "iPod Interface Kit"

The instructions posted are for a universal USB adapter. Is that what I need? I'm thinking I should return or resell what I have. Looks like I'd need a special tool to install. I'm not the handiest guy in the world and the thought of prying up all of that molding makes my nervous.

David

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The kit you bought is an iPod connector kit. The install instructions & owner's manual posted above are for a USB & iPod kit sold in Europe--but it turns out that the kit sold in the U.S. is different. The install instructions and owner's manual for the U.S. USB/iPod kit have been posted (and the installation is much easier than the European version, since it connects to the satellite radio module under the driver's seat, and not to the back of the head unit), as have video reviews by cpatch, so try a search if you're interested in more info.

1 person likes this.
  6. davidsullivan317

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm probably not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I've spend almost 3 hours searching this forum and the internet and I can't find it. What thread is it in???

David

7. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't believe it is posted. (Copyright laws, etc.)

I think you have the "old" ipod connector kit (PT545-00082), which I would return if i were you, since the new kit (which is coming out soon, maybe already) includes USB support for MP3s on memory sticks, etc. (your ipod would simply plug into the port using its USB cable.)

If somehow you really do have the PT233-47100 kit, I would go to your dealer's parts counter and ask them to print out the installation instructions for part number PT233-47100, from the TIS site. I think most of them will oblige a one-time request like that.

What is the part number of your kit?

8. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you don't have NAV, the new PT233-47100 kit won't work for you.

If you have the PT545-00082 kit, I would go to the dealer's parts desk and ask them to print the instructions.

O67oC