1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Instant map NAG defeat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by problemchild, Jan 26, 2009.

1. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not sure if this has been covered here.......

If you push the map/info button for the 1st time while driving it pops up the super irritating NAG screen that distracts you from the highway and makes you crash your car. If after you push one of those two buttons and you get the nag screen you instantly and rapidily push the steering wheel map button over and over the map nag screen will go away on the second or third repetitive push. So instead of having to look at 15 seconds of ----->NAG screen you get the map screen in about 1 second.

FYI

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmmm, gotta try that out. I don't think it has been covered before.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it works sort of, I tried it and it promptly took off in a N.E. direction and stopped about 20 miles away from where I wasn't!!

I had to go back to any other screen and go back to map, wait fot the blither screen and I was right on position. If you hit it twice while standing still, maybe you will be correctly located when the map pops up, but if your moving... its luck of the draw! You could end up way someplace else if you trust the screen!!

73 de Pat KK6PD

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting. KK6PD, once the "I Agree" goes away, can't you just hit the "MAP" button on the steering wheel to re-center?

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sadly no, I tried this as I was driving home Sunday, I had known about the trick, and everytime I tried it I was standing still. It worked ok. Sunday I was dying for food, and I double clicked while I was going 65 and zoom, the screen went nuts and while I was heading north to Glendale, the map ended up way east in Pasadena. I finally had to stop it myself, because it showed no signs of stopping anytime soon!! I hit the info button, then the map again, and within 2 sec I was right back on target!!

Strange!!! Oh well.

KK6PD

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This was covered in another thread. If you press the map button twice in succession, it will go directly to the map screen instead of the nag screen.

It seems to be rather sensitive to the speed of the "double click" for me. Too fast or too slow doesn't always work. But I can do it with just two presses if I do it correctly.

7. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is interesting, I'll have to try it. I wonder if it works on the 5.1 DVD that came with my '06 or if it only works on the 8.1 DVD. Thats funny though because when I had my car in at the dealer under warranty to address a few annoyances I brought up that the GPS was occasionally just randomly shooting off into nowhere all on it's own. They said they were going to run some diagnostics on it and flash/reset the software in it or something for the touchscreen but I seriously doubt they did anything at all. Was hoping they'd just update it for me.

8. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

IIRC, it may only work for the newer rev DVD. I didn't know about it until after I got the newer DVD, so I never tried it with the old version.

9. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, in that case I've seen several posts about the 8.1 DVD where you press the Map button once and get the disclaimer then press it a second time and it goes away. Darn, I was hoping this was something that had been overlooked on the previous versions.