1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Instructions for installing seat covers...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by VenicePrius, Nov 11, 2008.

1. VenicePrius

VenicePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I own a 2007 Prius. I would like to replace the original front seat covers (torn) with OEM replacements I have purchased. I have searched the forums for specific instructions, but have not been able to find them. Could someone forward a link, pdf (or other) of instructions?
    Thanks!

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are the front seat assembly instructions as provided by TheForce:

http://jaygroh.dreamhost.com/prius/...epair Information/Repair Manual/SE - Seat.pdf

I understand that (1) you'll need hog ring pliers and new hog rings, or maybe just use 5mm plastic cable ties, and (2) you'll also have to disconnect the battery and airbag delays.

Here's some advice from prius2go who reupholstered his seats with leather (maybe someone else who's reupholstered their seats will offer advice as well):

Personally, I'm lazy and barely competent. So I put a new OEM seat bottom cover directly over my driver seat's OEM upholstery (which had a burn hole), by sewing a front to rear strap with velcro, and just tucking in the sides. But it's not as snug and tight looking this way.

Good luck!

Hope someone who's reuphostered their Prius front seats will post some instructions.