1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

instrument madness

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nvrkwit, Nov 26, 2008.

1. nvrkwit

nvrkwit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    alright...first things first. my wife did this and has passed it on to me to fix this issue, so please someone help.

apparently as the story goes, my wife was using the car to commute and parking in a garage that gave her a pass that sits on your dash everyday to show you have paid. as i got in the car to drive it two days ago i suddenly became aware of the fact i could not see the speedometer or anything else in the instrument panel. upon further investigation i discovered my view was being blocked by a parking pass that had fallen behind the clear lens and blocking the entire view. i being the genius i am asked "how did that happen?". the response awaits my answer as to whether or not i can get this paper out of the view without taking it to toyota and getting laughed at.

i have experience with cars and tools, but i cannot seem to find a easy way to get in there and get the paper out. i turn to my more experienced brothern of the Prius world for help. how does one get access to the instrument panel?

anyone?

2. nvrkwit

nvrkwit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    lol! i knew prius owners were smart!

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I gather that your question was answered privately?