1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Insurance? (not warranty)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sandpiper, Jan 9, 2004.

1. sandpiper

sandpiper New Member

I'm picking up a #7 soon and obviously need to get the insurance in order. As far as I can tell, these are the features that *might* benefit my insurance rate:

VSC
    driver & front passenger airbags
    front & rear side curtain airbags
    foglamps?
    SE&S

Did I see "dynamic headrest" somewhere as a safety feature? Is there anything else I should mention?

(My old car didn't even have ABS, although it does have airbags, so I know nothing'...)

Thanks,
    Sandpiper

2. terkar

terkar New Member

Insurance

Yes, those are all good $$ saving items. Actually the insurance companies go by VIN # which should have all the standard and optional items your car has.
    btw: Electric Ins. out of Beverly, MA has great rates and is easy to deal with on line or by phone. I cut my home and car costs in half.

3. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

I am currently shopping for car insurance for my Pruis and have done a lot of research. Believe it or not, some insurance companies don't have the 2004 Prius listed yet. (A couple of times I have had to use the 2003 Prius model for the estimate.) What I am finding out is that you really have to get a lot of estimates because the rates for the same coverage are all over the map! Sometimes as much as double! The company I am settling on (Colorado Casualty - a division of Liberty Mutual) has some good rates for the western states. I agree with the previous post about Electric Insurance (find it online)- it had the second best rate. However, make sure you tell the agent about ALL the safety features. Even with the VIN, not all of them (such as the alarm activating with key removal) showed up and because that is a passive system, there is a special discount for that. That said, because of all the safety features, my rate for the Prius is less than my old 1993 Subaru Legacy that I traded in!

4. sandpiper

sandpiper New Member

Re: Insurance

Oh! (Can you tell I've not bought a car in a LONG time??) Cool, I can giv them the VIN then... Thanks!!

We have ins. through a military org.