1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

interesting discount from a local dealer

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Carnutt, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I find it interesting that Power Toyota down in Tempe is advertising (today's paper) a $1500 discount off MSRP on the III's and IV's and $2000 off the V's.

When I was trying to deal with them about a month ago, they said absolutely no discounts from MSRP.

I wonder what the catch is, dealer add-ons perhaps?:cool:

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, they have to have some kind of a catch IMO... Like rust proofing, forced extended warranty, etc. I just can't believe they are discounting them that much because they're so overloaded with them that they just wanna move em'.

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is it for all the cars with that package or just a particular stock #? If it's a stock number you can be sure it was already sold a month ago LOL

4. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

You could be right as the ad doesn't say if it's a particular stock no.

5. Jayhawker

Jayhawker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think now there is a surplus of them. They give them away in front and make it up in the back. They can't force an extended warranty on anyone. But they probably have all the cars with the stupid desert protection package and what not. When you get there you are expecting to get the car for that price, then they tell you "well, the car also has tint for $499, deset protection pkg for $995, alarm for $499 our doc fee of $499. We are still selling the car for the advertised price but you have to pay for all the extra BS that we put on the car"...