1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interesting Insurance Option

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gring40, Aug 1, 2006.

1. gring40

gring40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Our Prius is coming (hopefully) next week, and our insurance agent is recommending adding a replacement option, at a 1% premium, that requires Safeco to replace the car with a New one (if totalled within the first year, I think he said), instead of compensating us for a used 2006 (which of course it is as soon as we drive it off the lot).

Sounds good to me, but I wonder what others think of this?

2. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TechLite @ Aug 1 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]295734[/snapback]</div>
    I've had replacement insurance on my cars for years. I like it that way.

3. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Aug 1 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]295736[/snapback]</div>

Replacement IS the best way.

If you finance the car, you may also look in to 'gap' insurance so that you are covered for the difference in what the car is 'bluebooked' and what you owe to the finance company/bank/credit union.

An acquaintance's truck was stolen and he was stuck with $5k difference in what the insurance paid and what he owed.

4. EricGo

EricGo New Member

How many used 2006's have you seen on dealer lots ?

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    our insurance policy includes the replacement option, i like the idea very much. hell they did it for our renter's insurance too! ;)