1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Color Opinion -- Bisque vs Misty Gray w/Blizzard Pearl

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Husker4theSpurs, May 31, 2009.

1. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that I think I have my mind made up on getting a Package V in Blizzard Pearl ... help me decide on the interior color if you would!

I think the Bisque naturally goes with the Blizzard Pearl a bit more, but I have only seen the Misty Gray leather interior in person and thought it looked nice! Anyone care to share your opinion or any more pics you may have?

The reason I think Bisque more naturally fits the Blizzard exterior is b/c of the almost eggshell color it can take in high sunlight. I don't know why, but my mind wants to tell me that the Misty Gray looks a bit out of place in combo with the Blizzard Pearl. I know some of you have Misty Gray w/Blizzard Pearl exterior ... state your case :)

I just can't do dark interior this time around, so Dark Gray is out.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Dark Grey...

Oh, not an option Honestly I would go with the Misty Gray, but the question you ask if so heavily dependant upon personal opinion. I just don't like beige/tan interiors at all. I think that the misty gray would just look so much classier in the Blizzard Pearl than the tan would. Again, my opinion...

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gray....

The Bisque interior looks more high-end (think Ferrari) but it tends to get dirty easier and grey is clean looking.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I went w/ Misty Gray as it was "lighter" for the AZ sun. I contemplated bisque, but declined for the same reason F8L mentioned (and because I prefer blue/gray tones).

5. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm a bisque-interior type of guy. For sure getting the Barcelona Red. From the pics of the bisque, even the leather - it looks a bit bland...monotone and quite light. If it wasn't for the perforations it would look like a cheap Hyundai. I like that the misty gray - in that it's two-tone. The Red only comes with bisque or Dark gray. Why not the Misty Gray??? I just don't understand some things... The only '10 Prius I saw so far, in the dealer showroom had dark gray. Not a fan.... Seemed a bit drab to me. So mine will be bisque in a V leather.

6. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am getting Blizzard & Bisque, but I can't imagine why you'd ask anyone else. Best of luck...

7. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Pearl white with tan interior is too boca on the way to bingo to me, my vote is for the misty grey.

8. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a V in Blizzard with Misty Gray. I saw a IV in misty gray theol other day, and found it to look very sharp. I have bisque in my current car, and hated it.

9. ConserveNerd

ConserveNerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ordered mine in Blizzard Pearl Sunroof and the grey interior. I'm pretty fussy with my cars and I just think that the tan would drive me crazy in the way of getting dirty.

10. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  11. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1 person likes this.
  12. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LMAO!!!

In this case it does work, unlike Billy. :tsk:

1 person likes this.
  13. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :rofl:

14. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you guys for the input ... the reason I ask is b/c it helps to see how others feel and have other input that one may not have thought of ...

There is one coming in Misty Gray that I could snag in a few weeks ... kind of irks me that it has the Remote Start as well though ... stickers at $30,838 b/c of it as well.

15. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you post some pics of your car? Pretty please? :) Exterior and interior?

16. Dorisk

Dorisk New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I totally agree!

17. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those that haven't seen in person, I think the Misty Gray is even lighter than the Bisque ... it will for sure show dirt more imho.

18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dirt looks worse on Bisque than it does on Misty Gray.

IMO, Misty Gray is the only color to get if you can get it. It's infinitely better looking than the Bisque or Dark Gray because it's the only color with two-tone treatment. The monotone door panels of the Bisque and Dark Gray look pretty cheesey because, among other reasons, the cheap looking painted door handles and armrest trim end up being highlighted in a bad way.

19. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I vote for Misty Grey. The lightness of the light grey door panels may not match with the light colour of Blizzard Pearl at first glance but the contrasting door inserts and centre console lid makes up for it. It also matches the headliner and cargo area better.

I agree that a white with tan interior looks great but the keyword is tan... not light beige.

Lastly, the silver-painted door handles match better with the dark purple door inserts of Misty Grey than beige.

20. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I tend to agree with your observation, however (and I've viewed Bisque and Misty only in pics) the two-tone Misty gray and VERY dark color combo is WAY too "contrastful" IMO. So we go from bland monotone bisque --- to bland darker gray monotone --- to a contrastFULL light/very dark gray combo.
    None
    would be my first choice...but have no choice but to make a choice. Not as if Toyota would be crashing into Lexus territory if a bit more visual taste was delivered here - especially for a vehicle this price (esp IV & V). Just appears as they either got bad advice, rushed, or cheapened out.
    And - if the carpet floor mats will all be black...HUH? Black mats show almost EVERYTHING. Had them in a Supra and was constantly shaking them out.

Does anybody know if all other countries have exactly the same 3 interior choices we have in U.S. - independent of the different exterior colors available worldwide? For sake of assembly simplicity, inventory and cost I'd have to believe so.