1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior color question and Vote for best combo

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 925PriusGuy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. 925PriusGuy

925PriusGuy Winter Gray & Blizzard Pearl Pri

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Greetings All,

I'm narrowing down my order choices to the following V combo's:

1. Winter gray with dk. gray interior
    2. Silver with dk. gray interior
    3. Blizzard Pearl with dk. gray interior
    4. Blue Ribbon with Bisque interior

Since three of my choices have the option of Misty gray.. did anyone else give serious thought to the light vs. dark gray? I like the dash of both, it's the carpet that I'm not sure of (not the floor mats) but the actual carpeting on the rear hump and near the driver's foot rest. The Misty gray interior carpeting looks like it would be impossible to keep clean.. any thoughts/suggestions? I'm going with all weather mats on whatever I choose.

Any votes for the best color combo? I'm pretty open at this point!

TIA
    :rolleyes:

2. ILoveMyYoshi

ILoveMyYoshi Happy Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Since none of the colors really "Wowed" me, I opted for the Silver with Dark Gray. I'll tell you why.

Silver - easy to keep clean, scratches don't show as much. I must admit I am really bad about keeping my car clean and I have 2 kids - boys to be exact.

Dark Gray Interior - again, keeping clean. The Misty Gray is really nice, but it is SO light that it will be a bear to keep looking new. The leather will be easier to keep up, but the carpet and such, I'm not convinced. Besides, I don't really like the contrast of the colors on the door panels.

These are strictly my opinions and I'm sure there are many people that will disagree. But that is my opinion and my rationale for choosing the way I did.

Good luck!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Bruno_S

Bruno_S New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a silver with dark gray. I looked at Silver Priuses with the two gray options and dark is the best. I'll tell you why, the center console in the middle of the front seats is dark gray in both cases. It just looks out of place with light grey interior. Also the center part of the dashboard is dark grey and blends very well with the dark grey interior. With the light grey you end up with a three color dash board. On the other hard, the trunk carpet and cover are light grey in both cases.

4. denverkam

denverkam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For all of the aforementioned reasons, I also selected silver exterior with dark gray interior. I am waiting for my Prius II any day! I'm just not a fan of the misty gray. The contrast between the light and the dark colors is too much. The dark gray interior looks much more sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd go Winter Grey w/ Misty Grey or Blue Ribbon w/ Bisque.

It's nice to have a contrast (And probably why Silver/Dk. Grey looks good too). A darkish exterior colour matches well with a light interior colour. I think the door panels on the Misty Grey match the Winter Grey well. I also like the contrast that comes with the Misty Grey interior.

I have a 2005 with a Beige interior (before they called it Bisque) and it has held up well so in my case, I'm not hesitant to go with a light interior again. Of course I don't have small kids or pets.

6. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Silver with Dark Gray! That's what I ordered for my new 2010. My 06 Prius has Dark Gray and I always recommend getting the darkest possible for inside. I would do anything for dark BLACK leather if they had that available. Anyway, the Dark Gray has been amazing in not showing any dirt and looking like new, still after 3 1/2 years.

I once had a Mercedes with tan interior and it was a nightmare to keep clean. All my dark jeans rubbed off on the leather and completely stained my driver seat. I said never ever again would I get light interior.

So yeah definitely Silver with Dark Gray :) Mine should be here in a few days!

7. Mybrid

Mybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :eyebrows::evil::biggrin1::decision::decision:
    My vote is with Blue Ribbon with Dark Gray interior.
    Why would anyone put tan in a blue car is just :censored: :sick:
    OK that was my 3 cents.

Enjoy as Always!
    :thumb::cool::bolt:

8. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Silver with Misty here. I love the contrast with the darker console lid and door panels, and the black all weather mats don't stand out as much with the contrast from the dash, console, etc.

9. technoratic

technoratic Newbie Prius Owner :)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Winter gray with dark gray

winter gray - too many sliver cars on the road winter gray is different and its nice color, it has an elegant look to it (almost lexus-like)

dark gray - probably hides dirt more that bisque or misty gray.

10. patflanagan

patflanagan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have had beige interior on a couple of cars with over 150,000 miles on each and it cleaned up nicely. About twice a year I spend a day detailing my car myself in the garage. My wife has dark grey and it shows as much dirt and stains as my beige did. I hope my bisque in the toyota holds up as well as the beige in my ford products held up.

The dash on my bisques prius IV is black and the carpet is actually a light grey.

11. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a V in Blizzard, with Misty Grey, and love that color combination. I also saw it with the Dark Grey in person, but felt it was too dark. I feel that the lighter color is also better in the hotter months, as I am less likely to burn myself on the hot leather. This would be an issue if I had the darker grey. I loved the contrast that is there is the misty, which is gone in the dark grey. I think that Misty looks best of all three, although my last three cars were Bisque.

12. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My IIIBlueII has the dark grey interior w/ all-weather mats which are black. The dark grey is not very dark IMHO. Haven't seen enough cars to really tell if misty and dark grey are significantly different.

1 person likes this.
  13. 925PriusGuy

925PriusGuy Winter Gray & Blizzard Pearl Pri

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.. Chocolate Sundae is beautiful! :clap2: (and your Prius clean or dirty also looks great). I have to go and see the dark gray vs. Misty gray interior in person. My local dealer doesn't have any Misty gray in stock.. I'll to try other dealers.