1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Light Kit from Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lilrdwgn, May 3, 2006.

1. lilrdwgn

lilrdwgn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone ordered or bought a Prius with the optional PIO Interior Light Kit? If so, how do they work?
    THanks,
    Dan

2. samkusnetz

samkusnetz New Member

i've never heard of this kit. can you describe it in some greater detail?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. lilrdwgn

lilrdwgn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(samkusnetz @ May 3 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]249514[/snapback]</div>
    Supposedly, it is a POI port of intry install and Toyota charges $250+ for it. I know it adds lighting under the dash and in the console but I just wondered if it works with the door/interior lights or is it just mood lighting when the headlights are on?
    I have ordered it on my new 06 Red #8 pkg and will take pics to add for this forum but was trying to find out ahead of time how they work?

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. lilrdwgn

lilrdwgn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dloftis @ May 3 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]249454[/snapback]</div>
    Update: Dealer called today to say my car should be in around the 17th of May and he got the POI Interior Light Kit. He described it as working with the doors and said it is just additional lighting including the cup holders. He also said this option is available on all but the upper end Toyota's (already standard) and that on Scion's it comes in different colors (LED's) like Red, Blue and Amber. He said he thought mine will be White on the Prius.

7. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dloftis @ May 4 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]250037[/snapback]</div>
    With the way you described that part, it sounds like the fibre optic lighting they used on my parents 400h. things like the cup holders (blue), feet (warm white), door handles (warm white), map lights (warm white), and many other little spots that get just a tiny bit of light.

8. lilrdwgn

lilrdwgn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid @ May 4 2006, 11:00 PM) [snapback]250045[/snapback]</div>
    Got my car today! Yeah! The factory interior light kit has a switch on the lower dash center that pushes in for four different modes. They are Off, Cup holder and or console lights only, All lights on and Floor lights only.
    This is basically a mood light setup that is on when the Power switch is activated and saves the setting you have most recently chosen.
    Neat item. I am glad I got them!

9. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That sounds really nice. If you have an opportunity I for one would appreciate a picture of the switch and the lighting. It sounds cool to me.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A