1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior light replacement help (Map light assembly)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Conundrum4000, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Conundrum4000

Conundrum4000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Today I was installing LEDs to replace all the interior lights, and it was going smoothly.. until I got to the map lights.

While trying to remove the bulb on the driver side map light, the whole socket came loose and disappeared into the headliner.

I searched and found some threads on how to remove the assembly, but thus far I've had no luck doing it, I pulled the front piece off, but I can't get the assembly to budge. The thread I read mentioned screws inside the sunglasses holder, but I didn't see any screws.

Can anyone who's removed the assembly on a 2012 two give me some advice and/or pictures? I'm tempted to just drive up to the dealership and have them fix it, but what kind of DIYer would I be if I did that?

2. Potorap

Potorap Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Sorry to hear about this, have you repaired this yet? What did it take?
    Also, what light buls did you go with? I would like to go the led route and where did you get them? Thx.
    Richard

3. edz

edz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    -----------------------------------------------
    Maybe a little late, but I was able to remove the entire light console (or module) by pulling down (with my fingers) on the FRONT edge of the console, after remove the front trim piece (starts at the windshield edge). The whole console comes off but is held up by the wire bundle at the rear. Console is fastened by a total of 4 plastic push-pins, that are pulled-out/pushed-in.

4. Conundrum4000

Conundrum4000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've left it alone so far, since when I was pulling down on it, I heard the tape pulling off and now it kind of droops a little. One of these days I'll fix it lol

but thank you :)