1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by John6012, May 5, 2007.

1. John6012

John6012 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just got the 07 pkg 5 and can't for the life of me can't figure out what should be so simple even a caveman can do it...the interior light is supposed to come on when the door is opened and "fade" off after the door is closed. I move the overhead switch to the right and it stays on and won't go off; I move it to the left and the same thing happens. I think I have it figured out and look into my dark garage and the interior light is on. Am I doing something wrong?

2. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    On my car, the switch to the right turns the light on. Switch to the left will cause the light to turn on when the door is opened and turn it off (fade out) about 10 seconds after the door is closed or when the car is started.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't say left or right because the front and rear dome lights operate in opposite directions lol.

As long as the light switch is at "DOOR", that's what you want. If it stays on, you probably left the hatch ajar.

4. John6012

John6012 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 5 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]436114[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, I hated to ask such a stoopid question but I'm old. Now I gotta figure out how to tuen the radio to specific stations and the homelink deal and I have a rolling code on the garage door opener!

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The owner's manual is your friend.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John6012 @ May 5 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]436131[/snapback]</div>
    A stupid question is the one not asked!

the TUNE knob (just like the radio used to be :lol: ) will help tune. However, you can also use SEEK to find the next radio station. To set the radio station, press and hold the number on the screen you wish that station to be. e.g. if you want Preset 1 to be 91.3FM, then press and hold Preset 1.

The rolling code info is in the owner's manual. Might be under "Canadian users" or something like that.

7. MrLightRail

MrLightRail Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the same issue, but my hatch IS CLOSED, yet the interior lights don't go off when switch is in "door" position.