1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pkhoury, Nov 2, 2007.

1. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw somewhere on the net a mod that another Prius fan was selling to change all the interior lights to LED's. Does anyone know of something that still exists as a drop in replacement?

Paul

2. Stepclimb

Stepclimb Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkhoury @ Nov 2 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]533956[/snapback]</div>

DarellDD previously manufactured a full set of LED's for the Prius.
    Unfortunately, he has since closed his shop. I was one of the lucky few to get them before he stopped production. His site: evnut.com has a spot about them. He might steer you in the direction of another source for the LED's if you email him. His email address is on his site....

Hope this helps

3. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stepclimb @ Nov 2 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]534113[/snapback]</div>
    B) I, too, was fortunate enough to get DarellDD's LED's for the Prius. The door edge lights are magnificent, others are way bright and make the stock lights look bad. DarellDD's shop is closed, but do a search on the topic of LED's and there are other threads with info.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Take a look at this web site. These modules are made to replace 10 W halogen bulbs on sailboats. We have a bunch of them on our boat and like them very much. They are also dimmable. My only question would be whether they will fit into the fixtures on the Prius.

Tom

5. Conine

Conine New Member

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Howdy -

There's still nobody I know who's making regulated, high-power drop-in interior lights. This is something that really needs to happen at the OEM level so the fixtures are made accordingly! Drives me nuts that cars use so many incandescents still.

I'm glad to hear that folks are still liking the lights! As far advice on where else to go? There are several eBay places... just PLEASE don't hold me responsible for their product!

Paul... drop me an email (under my sig).

7. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Nov 4 2007, 04:04 AM) [snapback]534572[/snapback]</div>
    It seems to me that there are enough engineers here that we should be able to create this product as a group effort. You seem to have an EE background, same with Hobit, Efusco, Danman, etc... (no disrespect if I forgot your name!)
    I create pcb designs and have them professionally made all the time for simple cpld/micro-processor/1-wire projects. It wouldn't take much more than a few schematic designs, a one or two fab revs, and we've have a turn-key led replacement kit for the 04-05-06-07-08 series.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Nov 4 2007, 04:04 AM) [snapback]534572[/snapback]</div>
    Yep but, it's still much cheaper to build and buy incandescence lights. Plus, they have a much more even light pattern. When I tried to convert my pinball machine to use LEDs, I discovered that to get the same amount of light spread, it'd be using just as much power per socket as if I just used the #47 bulbs. The cost was also about 7x greater.