1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior plastic part compatible between 2005 and later years?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by CharlesHenry, Aug 26, 2024 at 6:57 PM.

1. CharlesHenry

CharlesHenry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm interested in the basic refurbishment of the interior of my 2005 Prius. Are all the plastic parts for the interior of the later years of the second generation compatible with my 2005 interior?

Reason: Basically, it's a 2005 and runs great, but the interior is showing its age. I understand that after 2005, Toyota changed the interior plastic, which makes perfect sense as my plastic finish is wearing down.

I'm wondering about the compatibility of new parts - for example, if I buy a 2008 glove box, would it be compatible? Or is it just a cosmetic change?

I've searched the forums, YouTube, and looked around, but I couldn't find anyone who gave details about the interior plastic change or what specifically was changed. Again, maybe it's just a cosmetic change.

Thanks a lot!

2. MAX2

MAX2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The plastic has a different texture to 2005-2009, but the fasteners should fit.
    Perhaps you can find whole parts at a junkyard for a small fee.