1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent FM Radio on start up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Harod, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Harod

Harod New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have had my 2008 Prius for 5 days now and all was fine until today when I stopped by my father-in-laws house to show him the car. We sat in the front seat. I pressed the power button (accessory mode) and turned up the radio volume but there was nothing there. AM worked fine but not FM. I took it to the dealer and made the mistake of shutting the car off. When I turned it back on everything was fine. I drove it back home and while sitting in the driveway truned the power off and on several times. Most of the time the FM came on but about 20% of the time it wouldn't. It will always come back on when I toggle the power. Any thoughts? I am starting to become concerned about my decision to buy this vehicle. First, the day after I bought it I noticed it didn't have the pad installed on the emergency brake. If they forgot to put this on what else didn't they put on. Then of course the radio issue. Never in my life of owning new vehicles have I had the car back into the dealer in the first month of owenership much less twice in the first week. The Legendary Toyota quality????????????????????? Am I the only one or are there others that are seeing what I'm seeing? Maybe Toyota's reputation is a little overinflated.