1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent Radio/CD/MP3 player control problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hawkie, Dec 22, 2012.

1. hawkie

hawkie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2010 Prius factory installed advanced audio system intermittently malfunctions. Sometimes the volume control does not work, sometimes every control on the unit functions as "on/off" - not permitting any other control of the unit, sometimes it starts ejecting all my CD's without pressing the eject control. When it malfunctions the screen usually goes completely blank. Usually it works without a problem but recently it is more frequent. It does not correlate to elevated temperatures. I had not added any electronics to the factory installed radio. This may be the same issue I just saw on the thread "Radio turns off when changing channels" started by thehabs 08/12/2011 and last posted by DanaRepouille 09/26/2012 (Radio turns off when changing channels | PriusChat). The Prius was delivered new on August 10, 2009 and now has 39,769 miles - but the problem has been intermittent for at least the last year or 10,000 miles. Please advise if this is a known problem with the unit and recommendations on how to proceed - hopefully under warranty or an allowance for a known defect.