1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Internal fault in Invertor assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by danceswithwire, May 25, 2008.

1. danceswithwire

danceswithwire New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My 2008 Prius had warning lights come on in 102 degree heat while I was driving. Had to have it towed and the Toyota dealership found codes #'S P0A60, POA63,P0A78 stored and failure in the Internal Failure in the Invertor Assembly. Installed S/O Invertor as needed and all OK.

I picked it up after hours and was unable to talk to anyone. I would like to understand what happened and believe my new car won't do this next week! Is there anything I could have done to avoid this problem or that I should watch for. Dances

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mmm, sounds like simple bad luck. Try not to worry. It should have been straightforward to diagnose and the repair should have ended it.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello danceswithwire, welcome to PriusChat! :welcome:
    I don't think you could have done anything to either cause or prevent an inverter failure in your new car. Like anything, there is always a possibility of a flaw in manufacture that gets through to the market, particularly with something as technologically advanced as the Prius. It's a testament to Toyota manufacturing that such a complicated car is generally so very reliable. You just happened to get a bad inverter. I wouldn't worry about lightning striking twice in the same spot.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you got a bad part from the factory- if it was gonna fail, it was going to do so pretty early. sorry to hear it, but sometimes that happens. that's why you're covered under warranty.

if there's another problem, you'll get the warning lights on your dash. if that happens, you know what to do! until then, don't worry too much about it.