1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Internet Hunting

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Nov 17, 2004.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    While browsing CNN.com, I found this:

That moose may soon be just a mouse click away
    HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- Hunters soon may be able to sit at their computers and blast away at animals on a Texas ranch via the Internet, a prospect that has state wildlife officials up in arms.

. . .

The idea came last year while viewing another Web site on which cameras posted in the wild are used to snap photos of animals.

"We were looking at a beautiful white-tail buck and my friend said 'If you just had a gun for that.' A little light bulb went off in my head," he said.

Article Here (for as long as the link is valid)
    :computer: ==> :guns:

2. Marg

Marg New Member

:Wth:

When I see a beautiful deer, my first thought is not "gee, I wish I had a gun".

I grew up in a small city and knew many folks that shot a moose or a deer every year. But they at least took the carcass to a butcher and used the meat to make deer sausages and the like. I sort of understood these people.

But hunting just for the heck of it? I just don't get it. And by remote control? I really, really don't get that at all.