1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intresting sight

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Mar 28, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was driving down the road yesterday, and noticed a new Ford Expedition in traffic. It had a Hillary 08 sticker, an anti-Bush sticker & of course these two on the rear window [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

I thought to my self too funny, after all I have read here in FHOP. Of so many Liberals downing large SUVs & their owners, and heres one driving a rolling billboard of Hypocricy.. :blink: :huh: :mellow: :rolleyes: :lol:

2. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I should probably play devil's advocate first, and mention that the SUV *may* be used in a way that just wouldn't work in a more compact car - many passengers or loading deliveries or specialized tools...

In practice, though, it feels like the vast majority of SUVs have one occupant carrying a briefcase (or groceries) and several empty Starbucks cups - and this seems to be the case regardless of the political stickers. I'd love to run into him/her at the gas station - a little heckling is probably in order, especially with the display of that GOP sticker.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Drive around northern Cali and you'll see plenty of old suburbans that get no more than single digit MPG and sporting "Keep Tahoe Blue" stickers on the back window. Wth?

Then again, I'm not one to talk. My race truck is getting a twin-turbo kit as we speak. Fortunately it sees less than 700miles a year usually. :lol:

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Mar 28 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]413566[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah this one had a 40's something woman driving no baby seat and it looked like a family use vehicle..

The best one yet was this one [​IMG] this morning on the back of a late 70's suburban that left a plume of oil burning smoke as it chugged down the road... It was a true rust bucket.... there where other stickers on the blacked rear doors but this one and the Kerry sticker where readable. :rolleyes: :lol:

I do not know, they do the news stories warning of rising fuel costs yet the people still buy the big suvs and then complain about the fuel costs. :wacko:

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i love how people are so unaware of the message they're sending out...

6. jtullos

jtullos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 28 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]413569[/snapback]</div>
    I see plenty of them on this side of the lake too. Several of which are spewing their own clouds of smog.

As for the bumper stickers, the Proud Liberal one is fine on any vehicle, but the "GOP" one is definitely out of place. Whatever the vehicle may be used for, that's a dumb way to make a statement.