1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intro to DTC

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by bwilson4web, May 2, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I've been unhappy with the poor state of NHW11 documentation for the Diagnostic Terminal Connector so not being one to 'curse the darkness':
    [​IMG]
    The photo is of an extension connector that has both a male (OBD/scanner connector) and female connector (the vehicle body.) I bought a Y-connector and will use it to measure layer 1/2 signals from Auto Enginuity. But the "Ts", "Tc" and "CG" pins are useful for those who need a cheap diagnostic, the "SST":

• Tc to CG - triggers two-code errors to flash on the corresponding ECU lights after turn ON vehicle
    • Ts to CG - closed 4 times in 8 seconds - clears the codes
    You'll need to check the instructions for the different ECUs. For example, the power steering (EMPS) calls out for a 1 k resistor and LED connecting signal WL to PGND (signals on two connectors, pp. DI-464) for to work. However, the ABS ECU does not appear to require anything special. Check the maintenance manual for the exact instructions.

Bob Wilson