1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Introducing Happiness

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cowboyonthemoon, Feb 27, 2005.

1. cowboyonthemoon

cowboyonthemoon New Member

[font=Arial:31e29fd4b1] [/font:31e29fd4b1] </span><span style=\'color:#\'> Well, folks, hello. Posting here for the first time, although I have been doing the typical lurking process for a while.
    I have now had my Prius for about a month ( '05 Salsa Red BC Pkg) and have put on close to 1000 miles. So what can I say so far? It's great! A lot of fun - and I don't see it losing any appeal anytime soon.
    It seems like there are a lot of new members like myself just getting their new cars and posting about their happy experiences. This is good! What this says to me is that the new upswing in production and vehicle deliveries is really becoming noticeable and that this forum is quite visible in the Prius world. But you knew that anyway ;)
    In any case, nothing dramatic to mention at this time, I'm just warming up here so this is my first dipping into the forums (hopefully this will not result in the fabled Achilles heel phenomenon).
    TA TA

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome, and enjoy the dip...for many of us it became a prolonged plunge!

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats. I decided to take the plunge after having my F250 stolen (all I have ever driving is trucks until now). I do not regret it a bit or miss my big gas guzzling truck. Matter a fact we even traded in my wife's Honda Civic to get a 2nd Prius. :D

4. alanhu99

alanhu99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Cowboy:

We have had ours just 10 days and are loving it.

Now, when I see all the "other" cars in a parking lot, I can't help but think of them as being antiquated (especially the humungous SUVs and trucks).

We live in the SF Bay Area, and I'm glad to see many many Prii driving around.

Alan

5. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Congrats and I got my '05 Salsa BC in early January. Its a wonderful feeling.

Point to note: You get a free car alignment check under warranty up until 12,000 miles or so because the car carrier from Japan often knocks the vehicle out of alignment. Keep a close eye on the tires, look for any unusual wear patterns, keep the tires full of air.

If you have less than 500 miles on a new Prius, the Goodyear tire store will let you trade up to vastly better tires like the Comfortred.

Look upon the energy screens as training aids on how to drive the Prius for maximum fuel efficency. The rule of thumb is that getting up to speed quickly and then coasting as much as possible provides the best fuel economy.

The entertainment value of learning how to save gasoline is still with me, even after 4200 miles.

All of you now own the most advanced technology vehicle on the planet, made by the highest quality automobile company in the world. There is nothing with this economy of operation that is this nice on the market now.

Your mission: train the public on the new wonder that is yours. Get ready for some real silly questions like:

Where do you plug it in?
    How do you fit into such a small car? (it is a midsize)
    Is that a TV? (DVD player?)
    Will it go at highway speeds?

Give a big, expansive smile and help those curious friends appreciate that they have someone as smart as you around to help them understand the new revolution in automotive technology.

6. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My son and I went to the Memphis Auto Show and I checked out the Accord Hybrid. Noticing the normal key slot, my comment was " How retro."

7. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Darn I wish I would have known about the Goodyear upgrade. The dealer did not say anything about it. :p Oh well.

8. hbolter

hbolter New Member

I am at 11 days and about 240-some miles, and even more besotted with the car than I was on Day 1!

I didn't know about the tire thing, either. When you say, "Goodyear store", are you referring to any shop that sells Goodyear tires, or a specific chain of stores? TIA.