1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Introducing Myself (And 2007 #5)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jyl, Nov 22, 2006.

1. jyl

jyl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello, I'm introducing myself.

We recently purchased our first Prius, a 2007 package #5 in Pearl (blue). Had the dealer add bisque-color leather with heated seats.

My wife and I have been wanting a Prius for a long time, ever since my father bought his 2002, but the time and money was never quite right. Last Monday my wife's 1995 Range Rover overheated while she was taking the kids to school in the rain, I figured that was the last straw (the Rover has been an awful money pit, in addition to getting maybe 13 mpg) so I called the nearest Toyota dealer, found this car, and sent my wife over to test drive it. Later that afternoon we had the car. Paid sticker less $500.

We've ordered the side moldings from PriusChat, and after seeing some very nice pics here (Barcelona Red w/ burlwood), we're going to look into the faux-wood interior kits too. Thinking about the signal mirrors as well.

We just started our second tank, the first one got unimpressive mileage and the second one is just okay, but I'm not worried about it. After we learn more about driving the car, check the tire pressures, and the weather warms up a bit, then I'll start focusing on the mileage. Anything is better than 13 mpg . . .

The only criticism I have of the Prius, so far, is that the MFD should be able to track mpg for each different key fob, so that spouses can measure their mileage separately. But that's a small matter. (Maybe it already does, I haven't ever read the manual yet).

My other car is a Porsche 911. The Prius is just as fun to drive, in a different way. Perhaps I'm becoming an old fart. I wish I'd owned this car when we lived in the SF Bay Area - moved to Portland this year and I see there's no HOV sticker program here. But then again we seldom hit any traffic here either - wife takes city streets to get the kids to school, and I usually ride my bicycle to work.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while, and thought it was time to say hello. Hello!

2. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome. I'm sure you'll be learning alot about the car and how to get the most of it. I recently installed the wood trim kit and think it looks great. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get a clear day here (raining tonight and forcast is for rain tomorrow).
    Your mileage will improve as you get to know the car.

3. berylrb

berylrb Member

Another hardy welcome to you from the other coast!

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) :D :) :D And TEXAS says "CONGRATULATIONS"

Just installed Body Side Mouldings on my second Prius [Traded my 2004 for my 2007 Touring Edition Package 6] and yesterday had the moulding installed. I had the same on my 2004 and in over 2 years not a single ding - helped on the great trade allowance [Over $21,000 - 22K miles on the odometer]. I can't really say the mouldings prevented dings, but I did park normally in parking lots.

There's so much to learn, and PriusChat is the place for helpful information not to be found in the Owner's Manual. There are scads of helpful Prius owners here. One suggestion: The Owner's Manual is helpful but not real well indexed. After reading mine [both 2004 and 2007] 'cover to cover,' I started my own "Index" in a back blank page when I found something I thought I'd want to reference later, and which I might want to share on PriusChat.

5. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome from an old fart in the hurricane alley part of the country. I haven't been here long myself, but have found many facts & tips, mods to consider :rolleyes: , and its a great community. Only problem is that I got a late start on owning a Prius so its hard to find something new to contribute. So, enjoy, and let us know how the '07 impresses you.

6. jyl

jyl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FL Buckeye @ Nov 23 2006, 09:15 AM) [snapback]353508[/snapback]</div>
    Well, so far, the heated seats impress me . . . even the lower setting is distinctly warm through three layers of outerwear. Thought I'd mention this since heated seats isn't that common of an option.

7. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota dealer's in Fresno, CA are discounting the 2006-2007 Prii $2000 off sticker!

8. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D Welcome!! and Happy Thanksgiving!! This car never ceases to amaze me... and it has really put the fun back in driving again!!! Hope you continue to enjoy, read these forums and learn how to get what you want to out of your Prius, whether it be the most mileage, best stereo sound, or just the most enjoyment! :lol: :lol:

9. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Welcome and congratulations on selecting the best color combination available! (I may be a little biased, of course.)