1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Introduction - New Guy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NicksBlackBrid, Jul 30, 2007.

1. NicksBlackBrid

NicksBlackBrid New Member

Hey everyone-

My name is Nick, and I live in San Ramon. Just moved from Indianapolis 3 weeks ago, and bought a Prius. My jet black Prius has every option available in the touring edition with the all weather mats. I believe it is called package 6, but I'm not sure. I drive continuously for my job (medical sales) and I really enjoy this car and the satellite radio and bluetooth (which is very clear!). I have read through some of the forums here and have ordered new center caps to take off my stupid hubcaps and rock the gun-metal rims.

HUBCAPS OVER RIMS? What's next? People watching the WNBA?

Anyway, I'm glad this forum is here, and I'll definitely be checking for ideas. I'll be doing the shark fin for sure, tint (anyone know a good place?), mud guards, and I am also looking for a really good bike rack system if anyone has some hints.

Thanks!

2. thehabs

thehabs New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NicksBlackBrid @ Jul 30 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]487779[/snapback]</div>
    No experience/advice from me on the bike rack, but I'd like to say "Welcome Aboard". I'm a relative newbie myself, but have found this to be the best Prius forum by far!

3. ohershey

ohershey New Member

The best option I've seen for bike racks is the hitch mounted bike rack - Here's one of several places it has been discussed - more if you search. Congrats! :D

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Nick, welcome to PriusChat. Be sure and take some pics and post them when you get the covers off. You can find lots of discussions if you search for Tint with the link at the top of every page. You can get the mud guards here.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I highly recommend the mud guards. We all know it doesn't have to rain in So. California for you to get mud splashed on your car. And it will really help keep that black beauty clean.

I'd also recommend some sort of hood protection. Either clear bra, the bug deflector or one of the black cloth bras. Rock dings from the freeway are a way of life for the Prius. I had clear bra but have opted for a deflector after having my hood replaced after an accident. I think I like it better.

If you don't have a BT plate, I'd also recommend that.

If you use the hatch for loading and unloading a lot, I'd also recommend some sort of bumper protector. I have the black plastic one.

And I also have the horizontal spider net for tieing down objects I don't want sliding around in my cargo area.

6. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 30 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]487876[/snapback]</div>
    He has the Touring model. He doesn't need the BT plate.

7. NicksBlackBrid

NicksBlackBrid New Member

Thanks for the responses!

One of my questions I was going to ask was about the rock chip factor, Ill be buying something for protection very soon. Thanks again.