1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

introduction--new member

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wbuttler, Jun 10, 2007.

1. wbuttler

wbuttler New Member

Hello

I registered as a member today.
    Thank you for the excellent information available here...prior to purchasing my 2007 Prius package 6
    I read and was greatly assisted by many of the postings at this forum.

After 40 days of ownership my experience from new mexico:

a 5 day aweek, 68 mile round trip commute, all highway ( 70 mph speed limit) other than 10 miles of 25-50mph small town roadways with one stoplight. For all intents and purposes I do not use the car on the weekends....
    average miles per gallon 47.5

my commute includes elevation changes, varying temperatures, and headwinds both ways more often than not. I keep a toshiba libretto 100ct laptop in the vehicle for long term record keeping.
    To this point i have added, a computer display sunscreen--and touchscreen protector---side window shade-mouldings and have a front end bra in route. Future plans including replacing standard wheels (ring-covers) with something more efficent---

Froley

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Froley! Do a Search for aerodynamic wheel cover and you may see some racing covers you like.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Froley, welcome. You can pick up a couple mpg by inflating your tires to 42/40 but you'll feel more bumps.

4. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Welcome!