1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverted radio buttons

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tickwood, May 1, 2006.

1. Tickwood

Tickwood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Am I the only one who finds this strange?

To go from the current radio station to a station shown below it (on the MFD audio screen) I have to press the the UP (^) button the steering wheel.

Likewise to get to stations shown above I have to press the down button.

At least on my car, a 2004 with base audio.

2. Redblue88

Redblue88 New Member

I guess it is strange, now that I think about it. I consider the ^ (up) button as "next", which I consider the next station down on the list. Same goes for the track list for CDs. Of course the japanese drive on the left side of the road, so anything is possible :)

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If they had labeled the buttons > and < perhaps it would make more sense. Youhave two dimensions to the list on the MFD, and there is no way to show that on the button label. (If they used English "next" and "previous," they'd need separate buttons for all languages.)

"Up" means "next preset." The fact that they're listed top-to-bottom on the MFD is what's confusing you. Should they have been listed bottom to top? Perhaps. But what would they do with the second column?

4. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tickwood @ May 1 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]248083[/snapback]</div>

I agree with Rick, it goes to the next one in the list, number your list from 1-6 and if you hit up it goes from #1 to #2, which is the next one below it on the screen, but the next one UP on the list.

Phil

5. kDB

kDB New Member

while we're on the subject, does anyone else think the buttons on the steering wheel are placed backwards? especially if you compare them to the temp buttons just below.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    no not really. The steering wheel buttons are intuitive, to me anyway. In a horizontal plane, you'd expect "up" to be on the right side.