1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Invisible Paint Protections Bra.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by paprius4030, Oct 4, 2007.

1. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was just surfing ebay and came upon an Invisible Paint Protection Bra that seems like it would be something I might like to try with my Prius. Has anybody used one of these? Appeciate any feedback, thanks!

2. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I ran across a simular product too. It's a clear Shield-temporary spray-on bra protection. I was going to try it out on a road trip, but haven't yet, to protect the front end. It's supposed to wash off with soap and water, and is not recommended to leave on for more than three days.

3. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I ran across a simular product too. It's a clear Shield-temporary spray-on bra protection. I was going to try it out on a road trip, but haven't yet, to protect the front end. It's supposed to wash off with soap and water, and is not recommended to leave on for more than three days.

Sorry, double post; web-site wasn't responding.

4. paprius4030

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, that's not what I'm talking about, it's a clear platic that is shaped to the front end of the car that you peel off and it sticks to the car. If you want to take it off you have to haet it up with a hair dryer. Wish I could post a link but I don't know how:-( Still a computer dummy here.

5. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Oct 4 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]521199[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry I haven't seen that product, but it sounds better than the spray-on. (I don't know how to do links either.)

6. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div align="center">I have the clear bra installed on my Prius. The one I have is made by 3M (called UltraShield). Do a Google search on "3M Ultrashield" or "clear bra" and you will find plenty of info. It's pricey, but worth every penny in my opinion. Cost me around $550 for everything. See my signature below for where I had it installed on my Prius.

Good luck!</div>

7. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've recently added the two front plastic headlight lenses, to the 3M clear bra.

Highly Recommend

8. Blue Hoosier

Blue Hoosier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I purchased a 3M Paint Protectant installed on my car - hood, bumper, fenders, 2 mirrors and edges of doors for $700. I agree it's very pricey, but we wanted to protect the front from rocks and bugs. You can get on the internet at xpel.com and check under dealers to see who would be able to install in your area. It was raining the other day and my husband drove and got the front pretty dirty. I took a towel and everything wiped right off.

Didn't want to get the "bra" for the front because you would have to take it off to wash your car everytime, plus we preferred the clear look.

9. paprius4030

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys, this is what I saw on ebay, but what is on ebay must be a knock off of the 3M product because it's only $9.95 plus shipping.

10. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Oct 5 2007, 06:19 AM) [snapback]521641[/snapback]</div>
    I saw that one too..If you go to his "ebay store" you can also get the entire thing, bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors for like 24.95. I called locally and got a quote for 350.00 so the 24.95 price was tempting. I have tinted windows before so a bit familiar with working with film. So I took it upon myself to email some of the buyers of his product. Only one replied so far that has actually done it. Two others haven't gotten around to it yet., he said he got the hood put on and it worked out well but the bumper he just couldn't get to work. He said the film looks pretty good. I told him I had watched an online installation video and they show using both soapy spray and alcohol/water spray. The soapy spray makes the film slip and slide all over the finish to get it lined up. Then you spray the alcohol mix to wash out the soap and it locks the film down so you can stretch it into position. He wasn't aware of that and said he may have been able to do it had he known..
    I also read through the sellers feedback and for the most part people give him a positive..So might be worth a try if you are handy..Don't know how good of quality the actual film is though..I am contemplating..I would love to get it done but first is the Huber Optik window film. Got an estimate for that yesterday..399.95 minus 50.00 "frequent flyer discount" The same place has done every one of my cars since 1992.

John

11. Blue Hoosier

Blue Hoosier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonjonbear @ Oct 5 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]521717[/snapback]</div>
    You can buy the 3M film only on the site xpel.com on the internet that I gave you earlier. The labor to put it on is what is so expensive. It also rates how difficult it is to put on. I also have heard that some of the other film that is offered looks bad after a few years...3M is a good product. We'll see how IT looks in a few years, but there is a 5 year guarantee.