1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Invision Headrest DVD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by newbie, May 31, 2005.

1. newbie

newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Help! Hubby is putting in Invision headrest DVD player. However, knows little of what he is doing. Guys at work told me today not to use the RF modulator because of interference on FM radio. I was told if possible to use an auxillary input to route into radio. Does Prius 05' have an auxillary input? If so, where?

Thanks everyone for any suggestions!

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I assume you mean for the audio. It is on the back of CD/radio unit on the Right side as you face the unit. The Glove box needs to be dissassembled to get at it. I think one of the iPod adapter sites has pictures as they use it for the iPod (iPod 2 Car) but I am not sure about that.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Does the Invision have a direct connection to the header? Since Toyota sells it, I would imagine it does. If so, the display could probably control it. I did see DVD as a device listed in the NAV Loading.KWI file.

4. newbie

newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for replying guys. As of last night, hubby gave up and wants one of the guys at my work to do it. They told me that following the directions using an "RF Modulator" which came with unit, isn't good because of the interference, etc. Said to tear out dash and hook it up throught there. Hubby doesn't feel confident enough to tear dash apart, so one of my friends who knows what he is doing, will be doing this.

Thanks again for the advice! :)