1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

INVITE TO ALL: DANNY IN SEATTLE 3/17/04...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, Mar 17, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

IT'S AT SALTY'S AT ALKI, 7:00 P.M. PST.

We’ll meet in the bar (cheaper). Really great Alaskan Cod Fish & Chips for $ 15.00, usual appetizers (i.e. Calamari, clams, etc.).

Great view of the city at night, free parking for our Prii, easy drive from downtown or south.

DANNY;

Supposedly they have a free limo service from downtown hotels (I think you just tip the driver) or one of us WILL pick you (3 of you?) up at your hotel at 6:30 and bring you back when it’s over. Just let me know in time to respond appropriately.

Bob
    --
    | Robert O. Shaw | 206 697 0499 | [email protected] |

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Unfortunately I can't make it - will be tied up with family commitments on Wednesday - I've got my silver '04 on Bainbridge Isl. though if any other owners are around :)

Dave.

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Just wanted to write a major Thank You! for organizing this. It was a pleasure to meet you guys -- a genuinely nice group of folks. The enthusiasm around the table reminded me of meeting with fellow Macintosh owners in the mid-80s -- lots of enthusiasm, lots of laughs, some great ideas and information, and some very good stories.

Also, three very cool cars, in three different colors. (Mark, if I didn't already have my heart set on Tideland Pearl, your Salsa Red model would have swayed me.)

At the time of the dinner at Salty's, I hadn't ordered a Prius. Well, after a couple hours chatting with these gentlemen, one thing led to another...

(Particular thanks to Bob Allen -- talking to him (and scoping out his Seaside #7) convinced me of the worth of the #7 package.)

If Danny has takes PriusChat "on the road" to your neighborhood, I encourage you to attend -- they're a lot of fun. But if you haven't bought a Prius yet, beware! Make sure your credit rating's in good shape!

Jeff Meyer

4. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Although I didn't get to the meeting, I did see a white '04 on Bainbridge while I was driving around there. Unfortunately I was in my father's truck at the time, so there was no meeting of the cars.

I'm a little reluctant to get involved in the Prius = Mac bit on the yahoo groups. I rather suspect I'd offend a lot of Mac users :)

Dave.

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Actually, it was the enthusiasm of the Prius folks that reminded me of the old Mac group meetings -- not the Mac itself. (Though the "Power" button does have a certain UI resonance. :) )

The topic did come up over dinner, though -- I think, around the table, that it was about 60% Windows, 40% Mac (though a lot of the Windows folks were former Mac users (including myself.))

Vive la difference.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, I guess it's about time I get these pics up - I'll kill the last 15 minutes or so at work to do this post.

I had an awesome time in Seattle, everyone! Meeting up with fellow PriusChatters my first night in town especially made me feel welcome.

We had a lot of fun and enjoyed dinner, drinks, and fun conversation.

Here's a pic of all of us that met up (minus my friend Brian who was taking the pics). Around the table it's Bob (RobertO), Mark (seasalsa), Jeff (bookrats), myself (AdminCoop), & Bob Allen (um, Bob Allen :) ).

[Broken External Image]:http://s87059328.onlinehome.us/seattle/SaltyPriusGuys1.jpg

Having a good laugh
    [Broken External Image]:http://s87059328.onlinehome.us/seattle/slides/DSCF0181.JPG

And one more final pic in front of a couple of purty cars:

[Broken External Image]:http://s87059328.onlinehome.us/seattle/slides/DSCF0187.JPG

If anyone's interested in seeing all 115 pictures from my trip, feel free to check out the Album. There are 1 or 2 20 meg videos that probably aren't worth downloading.

My favorite pic (the final shot of the Bama/Stanford game --see the clock??):

[Broken External Image]:http://s87059328.onlinehome.us/seattle/slides/DSCF0348.JPG

7. rflagg

rflagg Member

While I *do* own a 04 Prius, I don't think I can make the cross country trek from northern Virginia - but I'm glad in knowing I could do it with half the gas and half the cost. :)

-m.

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for posting these, Danny -- and please thank Brian for taking the pictures (and putting up with a bunch of zanies talking Prius, Prius, Prius all the time.)

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here's me. And if any attractive women are interested, I'm available. Click on PM at the bottom of this post to send me a message. Smokers and cat-haters need not apply.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member