1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IPA Query - 2006 UK Spec T-Spirit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DarrenG, Oct 24, 2009.

1. DarrenG

DarrenG Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,

New owner of an of T-Spirit here. As I'm currently laid up with my leg pinned in a frame I didn't get to see the car before we bought it. Instead my wife and father in-law did all the viewing.

Any-hoo, I have a Prius brochure for 06 here and it showed IPA as a standard fit on the T-Spirit. But when my wife returned with the car IPA was missing much to my disappointment!

It has all the other T-Spirit equipment, SatNav, Bluetooth etc.

I wondered if perhaps IPA changed from an option to included at some stage in 2006? The manual has all the instructions for IPA with no mention of it being an option.

Whilst I'm not sure I'd have ever uses the assisted parking, the rear view monitor would have been useful and so now I shall have to look at installing reversing sensors :(

2. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Parker's says that IPA was a £400 option from January to December 2006, becoming standard equipment in December. Probably the original buyer didn't buy the option.

It's a hazard you have to deal with when buying a second-hand car, that you can only pick from the specifications that the original buyers chose. You might struggle to find the combination of colours and equipment that you like. Still, I think that's a better deal than losing a few thousands in value the moment you drive away from the dealer.

3. DarrenG

DarrenG Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Mike, It's not a biggie at the end of the day. I got the spec and colour I wanted and if I add reversing sensors it will cost me perhaps £50.

As it is, I got a bargain, the car is lovely, it has all the gadgets I wanted and it's a joy to drive and as you say, I did not lose quite a few thousand quid for the privilege or having it from new.