1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iphone 4 and the Prius 2001

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Ulrik, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Ulrik

Ulrik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum, i just bought myself a first gen Prius 2001 yesterday, and so far im loving it :)

I want to connect my iphone 4 and use the ipod app/spotify app to play music in the car, whats the best way to do this ?

Any item i can buy that uses bluetooth/A2DP wireless that can hook up to the original toyota setup ?

Or in worst case , connect a AUX port to the original stereo ?

Price ?
    Installation time?

Thanks alot guys

// Ulrik from Sweden

2. justkyle

justkyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Easiest would be either a tape deck hookup or an fm transmitter for your iPhone 4. however; not all cables are made alike, and you'll get some hiss from the former, and fm troubles from the later.

You will find, that if you have a decent scratch guard on your iPhone 4, it will almost perfectly fit into the cassette deck itself, with enough sticking out so you can answer calls, or pause the music playback, or just access the voicecontrol feature.

Bluetooth was available as a feature in later prius, and I have heard that some have had success in retrofitting it to gen 1 prius. That part usually goes for just under $200. Not sure how much that is in Euros.

The cabling solutions I references generally are about a tenth of that, here in the states, unless you wanted to go brand name like belkin or griffin or even monster.

Good luck!