1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iphone 4 Bluetooth Audio Pairing Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nickthedangerous, Jan 13, 2011.

1. nickthedangerous

nickthedangerous New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I recently got a new Iphone 4. My 3GS was paired with my 2010 Prius just fine - calls + audio via Bluetooth worked perfectly.

However, when I got my new IPhone 4, I paired it with Bluetooth and now I can't play audio through it. I can make and receive phone calls just fine - but when I go to my audio screen and click on BT to use Bluetooth audio, it says it isn't connect. When I hit connect, it says" bluetooth connection failed please verify the portable player settings "

Any ideas? Thanks,

Nick

2. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are two "pairings": One for telephone, another one for Audio. If you pair only for the calls then the Audio will not automatically know about your iPhone. You'll need to go through both pairing procedures.

- Olaf

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Try this: delete all phone & audio player profiles from the car, turn off the car & phone for a minute or 2, then turn both on, pair the phone first, then pair the audio player.

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In my experience, pairing as an audio device first, which identifies as "car multimedia", worked better. Pairing the phone after that didn't even require a password, since I had set the bluetooth passwords (in the car setup screens) for phone and audio to be the same. For some reason, I've had problems in the past pairing the phone first.

5. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the same results as ggood - connect the audio first.