1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone 4 Gets Hot

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by crpriusv, Jul 15, 2012.

1. crpriusv

crpriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We use my wife's iPhone 4 with an Apple USB cable to provide all the Entune internet services in our v. We notice that the iPhone gets quite hot when connected in this manner and she claims that the phone battery no longer holds a charge as long as it did before we started using it in the car about three weeks ago. Unfortunately Bluetooth doesn't provide all the functionality of the USB connection.

Has anyone else seen their iPhone getting hot and its battery losing capacity when using the car's USB outlet?

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    There's an earlier thread on this - I found that putting my iPhone with its face down rather than its back reduced the temperature considerably.

3. Cap'n

Cap'n Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Ftl, I'd noticed a 'hot phone' once or twice but not always. Hadn't given it much thought, but I appreciate your input. I'll place my phone face down from now on. Thanks!