1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone 4S's SIRI and the Prius Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yunebug, Oct 5, 2011.

1. yunebug

yunebug Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sure - if one is wearing a bluetooth headset or the wired headphone that comes with the iPhone, using SIRI wouldn't be a problem.

How would I do that with the Prius Bluetooth? I currently have an iPhone 4 and when I want to call someone while driving, I pick up the phone (without taking my eyes off the road) and press-hold the Home button to tell it to call that person.

Is there a better/easier way to do this? To truly keep my iPhone in my pocket? I figure, if one of you has a solution that can replace pressing-and-holding the Home button without actually pressing-and-holding the button, it would work with SIRI.

2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

i dont see whats the difference between using 4 and 4s with Siri? You still have to somehow tell it to listen.

i guess real deal would be steering wheel buttons for making a call, so you might need to upgrade to 3G Prius :)... but you still have to press a button.

3. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have an 06' with Nav, to place a call I pull up the phone on the(mfd) screen with the steering wheel controls and choose the person I want to speed dial, 12 choices as I remember, if the person I want isn't on speed dial I get the phone out of it's "safe" compartment and manipulate it to place the call but use the blue tooth enabled system in the car to converse.

4. yunebug

yunebug Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hmm. I suppose I'm searching for any possibilities of someone who has discovered a button that can act as pressing and holding the home button. I'm gonna try a few buttons (maybe even combinations of buttons) and report back. :0)

1 person likes this.
  5. dyllio

dyllio New Member

Any luck with this? It's not a deal breaker to have to push the home button on the iphone but it sure would be great to have it work using steering wheel buttons for example. We have a 2009 Prius.

6. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    With the 4s if you bring the phone up to your ear (and you aren't on a call) it activates Siri.
    This doesn't really help with this particular use though.
    I do hope to see third party developers given some access to Siri in the future, which could lead to a better solution.