1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone 8/IOS 11 - SMS no longer works with entune?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by dhoelzer, Oct 28, 2017.

1. dhoelzer

dhoelzer New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello there!

I'm wondering if I am alone with this problem.. My iPhone 6 worked great with my Prius (well, CarPlay would be waaaaayy better, but I've learned to live with entune) 4 touring.. SMS messages would alert on the head unit and it could read me the texts...

Then I got a new phone.. iPhone 8.. It's paired with the car and I have gone through the text messaging setup multiple times, but no alert on an incoming text and it, obviously, won't read them to me either. Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

kmorton0261 likes this.
  2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've noticed the same issue.

3. benkhanobi

benkhanobi Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the heads up on IOS 11 issues-
    Toyota needs to do better by it's new car buyers, than their Entune system- I recently read a lot of stories about Entune nav problems-- do not buy a new car with Toyota connected navigation system, if you have marginal cell coverage- or take trips where you might not have coverage.- no cell coverage= no directions. There are dealers selling new Toyotas to buyers who don't have smartphones and then they find out the in dash Navigation is useless to them. A serious flaw in the data connected nav- is once you start the trip, the map goes away on the Entune screen and all you have is the turn by turn directions.

RCO likes this.
  4. Harters

Harters Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    On Bluetooth settings for my Touch 2 with Go (UK) I had to enable 'Show Notifications' for the announcement and reading of text messages to show as it wasn't enabled by default.

Do you have a similar setting for your bluetooth connection?

RCO likes this.
  5. Melanyville

Melanyville New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Had the same problem with Toyota Sienna and Entune. Go to your iPhone bluetooth setting, click on the "i" info button for your car. Then turn on "show notifications"
    VoilĂ ! :)

Frank Keeney, RCO and krmcg like this.
  6. 2018PriusC

2018PriusC New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I also have the same problem which I bought a Iphone SE . In the message box "MAP MAS-iOS". No text messages from previous texts.

7. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My car works with my iPhone 8 on incoming texts. But it won't display or red old or "previous" texts.

8. Frank Keeney

Frank Keeney Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks, Melanyville, I was beginning to think it was the iOS 12 betas or iPhone X behind this!