1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone contacts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by makar, Sep 29, 2007.

1. makar

makar Junior Member

Do I understand correctly that one cannot transfer contacts from one's iPhone?

I just drive my 08 iPhone yesterday, got my iPhone set up via Bluetooth and all works well. I follow the directions for transferring contacts and get to the screen that says transfer under way, but it just kind of stays there.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

2. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You are correct. You can't transfer contacts.

3. makar

makar Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Sep 29 2007, 10:05 PM) [snapback]519271[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, that saves me time. I don't need that many contacts any way... so will simply enter the ones I might need, and I can always dial by the number.

I got GPS Navigation... I'm used to my old TomTom. The TomTom gives you a kind of 3/4 view (or you can choose a flat map view). It's taking a little getting used to the Prius Navigation -- I kind of feel like I'm looking upside down at the map. I only just got it, so have more reading to do and may be able to adjust it. But it did get me where I'm going and I like that it beeps right when you are supposed to turn.

And other than contacts, my Bluetooth works great with my iPhone.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I too would like one of those "flying above the earth" views. But if you're used to reading a paper map, the bird's eye view is not unfamiliar.

Bluetooth works great with my iPhone too. (Cell coverage here where I live is another matter.) The lack of contact transfer isn't an issue for me either. If I recall, the iPhone doesn't support the BT protocol for data transfer.

PS: You might go to the "My Controls" page and set you car type to the right year of Prius.