1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone (EDGE) integration with Prius - what are my options?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CCC712, Jul 31, 2008.

1. CCC712

CCC712 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ok, I'm buying a new 80 Prius w/ package 2 on Monday :D and I want to integrate it with my EDGE iPhone so I can charge it and change the song and playlist from the steering wheel/head unit but *without* losing functionality of the ipod controls.

VAIS sounds like a good product but it locks out your ipod. PIE will let you change playlists while retaining control of your ipod but you have to have a SAT button which I don't think a package 2 has. Based on previous posts, DICE sounds like a piece of crap. USA Spec lets you control your ipod/iphone but you can't change playlists (and I don't know if it displays song info).

So is any product that will let you change playlists with your Prius without locking out the ipod functions? Or am I stuck choosing between the VAIS and USA Spec?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You should have a SAT connection anyway. You would press the AM button twice, but you'd need something connected to the outlet in the back of the radio (like the PIE) for that to happen.

BTW, I have the DICE and it works fine with my iPod. I can use the steering wheel controls or the tuning knob, but the DICE Silverline does lock up the iPod controls.

3. CCC712

CCC712 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If package 2 has a 12 pin port on the back (what PIE supposedly plugs into) I might give PIE a shot. I'll definately need to check their return policy first though since their website claims the SAT button is necessary.