1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iphone, itunes Match and BT options with non HDD Entune Navigaiton System

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Steve71, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am unable to browse albums, artists or playlists when using bt and iPhone 4s. I looked through Toyotas website and it seems this is exactly as stated on toyotas website. However, the HDD navigation system does have these features and the base line cheap non navigation system does have these features.

Is this correct? can anyone confirm they can browse playlists albums while in BT mode on a HDD navigation unit or a non navigation unit? If so, that seems totally crap by toyota to restrict such features.

Also, has anyone with iTunes match been able to browse or elect songs which are in the cloud on their iphone? It seems there is a serous flaw as only songs downloaded on to the phone are accessible.

2. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    just to add i have a 2013 prius V in a three trim

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The HDD system works with my iPhone 5 for Bluetooth browsing, but it doesn't work for the DA system. You can call Toyota and complain and maybe it'll get fixed in the future for the Display Audio. But, note that the iPhone 5 is the first phone to support this feature, so some incompatibility is expected. Bluetooth feature implementation is rarely consistent even between phones from the same company.

4. Steve71

Steve71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Right so i am correct. This is in line with toyotas online documentation when u read the small print but needs to be severely highlighted as the non navigation unit on the cheaper two trim has the same bt tooth features as that in thr higher five trim with the atp package!! So i basically paid a premium on a three trim for a crappy app system. Naturally one would think the audio system is at least as good as that in the cheaper tim option. People need to be careful about this and shame on toyota for conning people in to buying in to the entune crap to the detriment of a usable bt audio . It is truly woeful at present. If i had know i would have for a two trim and stuck with my smart phone for navigation. Piece of crap. Toyota care suck too. Their response was to go to their webaite and when pressed a one line email saying the have no plans to upgrade the system in future. Save ur money and stick with the two trim. Entune is crap i just want a working bt audio system which u get in the two and not the three trim.

5. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Again, iOS 6 is the first to support AVRCP 1.4. No other phones on the market support it. It's Bluetooth, so implementations can be / are different. It's probably that the supplier for that system didn't implement it the exact way Apple did and it needs to be tweaked. Granted, it may not get fixed as that's always a possibility. Just make sure to call the customer center and ensure they log your complaint that it works on the base system and not yours. I'm sure Toyota is aware of it but they need to know that we as customers want it fixed.