1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone & Parrot Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bardgal, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bardgal

bardgal Prius Koolaidâ„¢ drinker

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Instead of spending another $3k for a package #5 (while the Nav is fun, I really don't need it. I know LA Co, and am perfectly capable of using google maps:) ), I got a package #2 and had the dealership install a Parrot CK3100. (Installed yesterday.)

It's mounted on the left side of the dash, low, which I'm not sure is a good place yet, since it's kind of hard to see. But then even if it was higher, I might have a hard time since I don't drive with my reading glasses on... The mic is up by the rear-view mirror. The Parrot is on whenever the car is on.

[Note to self: Take photos and post them.]

Our story so far:
    Went to the iPhone Bluetooth, and it immediately found the Parrot. I touched "Not Paired" and it paired immediately. I have not had a chance to set up the voice commands yet. I've only made three calls which I dialed (what an archaic term, eh?) from my iPhone since I was running late for work this morning, and don't know how to dial from the unit itself yet.

It's cake!
    1 - Dial number.
    2 - Radio mutes.
    3 - Phone rings from speaker on the unit itself.
    4 - Phone is answered and you talk. I could hear fine, and was heard fine.

I then stopped and got gas for the first time, then started the car again and the Parrot immediately saw and paired with my iPhone.

I will keep you up to date as I learn more.

2. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I want to install the Parrot CK3100 also, but local installers say wiring harness isn't available for 2007 Prius and it's not listed on their website. You had it done (for 2008)...can you provide any more details?

Thanks!

3. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for your help! I had the Parrot 3200 installed yesterday and it works great, paired immediately (blackberry 8700g), mutes radio, etc. There is no wiring harness for the Prius available from Parrot but they can wire it in without it, just a bit more work. The control unit is on the dash just to the left of the turn signal stalk, the microphone is between the rear view mirror and sunroof switch.

Attached Files: