1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone USB port connector?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by DavidK44, Jun 17, 2012.

1. DavidK44

DavidK44 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello all,
    I've been lurking for a while on the V part of the site, getting info while we decided on our next car purchase, and since then to get ideas about modifications to our Prius V Five (no ATP, Blue Ribbon Metallic).

One minor issue that I haven't seen any discussion about is the USB connection for iPhones or other smartphones. Using a standard connector cord leaves the phone rattling around in the bin. I worry about it getting banged around if quick driving moves are required, and it's hard to see the display when it's flat in the bin. It does allow you to pick it up and work with it, however.

I noticed an interesting Kickstarter campaign that might solve some of my worries. It's the Twig, a bendable USB-iPhone adapter that can be used as a stand, etc. Unfortunately, it's still got more than a month to go.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

The kickstarter is here.

[​IMG]

impossible likes this.