1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone wants to go into airplane mode

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Andate caga, May 2, 2010.

1. Andate caga

Andate caga New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought a III prius with nav and sunroof. When i plug my iphone into the USB port it tells me that this is not a compatible accessory and asks me if i want to turn on airplane mode. If i say no it still works fine.

Anyone know the secret handshake to make this message not pop up?

2. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    Mine did that a couple of times. I ignored it and it went away. I have no idea what it meant.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it's designed to reduce interference for ipod only use... simply click no or ignore it since you still wish to use the phone part of it...

if the system was compatible, it wouldn't show that message...

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    does you iphone charge when plugged into the usb port? (just a curiosity)

5. Andate caga

Andate caga New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes it charges.

6. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you have the iPhone 3g or newer, it will work, and it will charge, but because most iPhone car chargers output only half an amp, if you talk on the phone, it won't charge, and it can even lose charge.

You can find some newer "high power" car chargers for iPhones now that will put out the full amp. The phone will charge faster, and I will charge even while you're talking on it.

7. RedBackFur

RedBackFur Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My iPhone charges fine on my Prius even while I am using the phone (which is rare) (I have the version 2 GenIII with the Built-In USB Port). And yes, I get that compatible accessorymessage on my 3g iPhone. I have noticed that if I fail to click the NO box on that pop-up dialog, the iPod function will not sync with the car audio correctly....it will give an error when scanning my iPod playlist. Then I'll have to unplug and replug the phone back into the car.

So you gotta be fast...once you power up the car, your iPhone will give its charge beep, in a few seconds, the dialog box will come up, and you then click the NO. Then all should work just fine. Well, a fine as the weird-nice person interface that Apple® allows an external device to use.