1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ipod and cd folders cut out when i drive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by adrenalineaw, Mar 28, 2007.

1. adrenalineaw

adrenalineaw New Member

hi i have an 07 prius and it also has the vais ipod piece in it. my car is fully loaded nav, bluetooth, camera, etc. when i drive over 10 miles an hour i lose the ability to browse cd or ipod folder. i was told there is something i can do with the wires that will let me browse my ipod or mp3 files while i drive. any help? thanks!

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Take a look at http://www.evnut.com/prius_speed_wire.htm to see what wire to cut. You need to install a switch as that wire is also for the 5-minute bars on the Consumption screen and the turning wheels of the Energy screen. If it's switched to Off while you're looking up information and then switching it back on there shouldn't be a problem.

3. adrenalineaw

adrenalineaw New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Mar 28 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]413775[/snapback]</div>
    do you kow if there is a way to do it without switches? the coastal tech piece is in it as well to do the bypass for the nav and bluetooth to work. anything i can do or is there a module you can put in without having to put switches. let me know thanks for your help!!!!!!! :)

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalineaw @ Mar 28 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]413871[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, there's Coastal Tech's Lock Pick, which will do the same thing. I cut the wire and installed a push-on/push-off button as that was my option at the time.