1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IPod/Bluetooth connectivity, MPG questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by justslappy, Aug 16, 2009.

1. justslappy

justslappy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just got 2010. Two questions:

IPOD
    No problem connecting iPhone to car for wireless calling, but the folks at AT&T seem to think that I should be able to also use Bluetooth (rather than cables) to listen to the iPod on my IPhone. True? If so, how? When I connect to iPod, I lose phone capability on car.

MPG
    On my 2005 Prius, there is a screen that shows MPG per tank of gas. Is there a similar screen on 2010? Found MPG for trip A or B, but not for tank of gas.

thanks

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you have iPod Touch, you can download the latest software and then connect it to your audio system through Bluetooth. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you lose the phone capability when you connect to iPod. How are you connecting the iPod now?

There is no MPG display for each tank like the consumption screen on the Gen II MFD. I reset trip A at each fill-up, and use trip B for measuring trips.

Some people use one of the trip meters to monitor lifetime mpg because that is one statistic that isn't available -- not sure why it couldn't have been included.

3. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    iPod/iPhone: true it works great, do you have navi?if so there is a paring button in the radio BT area

4. nparker13

nparker13 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You'd need to unpair the phone and pair it a a 'media device' (or w/e they call it) from there it will work with both the phone and the AUX via bluetood A2DP.

[assumptions: iPhone software = 3.0; prius has navi...not sure what the procedure is without it]

5. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I found that I needed to use the same name and password in order to have both the phone and iPod aspects of the iPhone to work at the same time. Also, I found that if the iPod portion has somehow disconnected the bluetooth pairing, you need to reconnect the phone pairing first, then the other will happen automatically.

Further: There is no streaming audio connection via bluetooth without OS 3.0.

6. cmalberto

cmalberto New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Both work in the iPhone with 3.0. I have noticed that answering calls with BT(not sure it is the phone or the Prius) there is a 1-2 second delay.

Listening to music with BT works ok - However the song resets and starts over on a new connection. I have heard this is definitely a problem with the phone's software.

--Mickey