1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Ipod" control of non-Iphone

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Dan C, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Dan C

Dan C Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know that title doesn't make sense, so let me try to clarify. Just swapped my I Phone for a Galaxy S III and the only drawback so far is the way that the player controls work through the HU. On the I Phone all the music was organized by artist, album, etc. But on the Galaxy every song is under "unknown artist" and the songs are all ordered with the track number at the beginning, making it virtually impossible to search. I loved being able to control the Iphone music through the display...anyone know if I'm just doing something wrong?

2. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had similar issues trying to play music from my Galaxy S2. Transferred all the music to a USB drive and it solved the problem. Everything is organized properly, searchable, and available from voice command as well. Also, I just leave it plugged in and don't have to mess with the phone each time I get in and out of the car. Never had the unknown artist problem, except for one song that I had converted from FLAC to MP3. Either flacs don't have the tags or I lost them in the conversion. USB.jpg USB.jpg

Dylan Murphy likes this.