1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod Downloads??

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Shane, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Shane

Shane New Member

Just got a new 30GB Video iPod and wondering where to go to fill er up. Which non- itunes sites out there are the best? Which ones do you use for videos? I've seen a few, but don't know which ones are reliable and legit. Your experience appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 28 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]354977[/snapback]</div>
    emusic.com is the only other legit site for iPods. That is because they don't use DRM and the files are MP3. Playforsure and zune sites do not work with the iPod.

iTunes has the best content anyway, in my opinion.

3. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Nov 28 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]354986[/snapback]</div>

I agree with Alric but I'm not sure what you are asking. LimeWire and other sites that share files work but they are NOT legit and if you are using a PC to download music from theses sites you are not paying artists for their work and you WILL get infected by nasty stuff piggybacking in on downloaded MP3 files. Ask my 19 year old daughter!!! Stick with Itunes and emusic.
    -Paul R. Haller-

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Limewire.

I've used it exclusively for the last 2 to 3 years with no problems (just stay away from WMA's). Then again, the version I'm running is old as all heck, not sure if it's free anymore. Although it USED to be, if you were a programmer (or at least had sufficient knowledge), you could get the pay version for free (it was intentionally set up that way I believe).

Just don't share a large directory with like a 1,000 songs.

:ph34r:

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    anything reliable and legit is going to cost money - either on a per-dong basis, or a subscription basis. Anything that is essentially free (or a one time up front cost) is not going to be legal. anything that operates in P2P fashion is most likely not legal.

6. Shane

Shane New Member

Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of emusic but will give it a try. I like iTunes, but they don't have a very big selection of movies and non-music downloads. I'm guessing emusic doesn't either since the name says only "music".

Thanks again.

7. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    unfortunately, the video industry is lagging behind the music industry when it comes to online content, especially content designed for portable players. of course, this is understandable, as music players have been around for 10+ years (i still have my first one somewhere... back then i thought 128MB was big!), but only within the past couple of years have they become video enabled.

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 29 2006, 07:32 AM) [snapback]355213[/snapback]</div>
    One big difference between the two is that emusic is a subscription service, bringing the cost of a song down to below 33 cents (depending on the level). If you want to download a lot it's good. I did a quick search, but didn't find any music that iTunes didn't have.

There are programs that will expand the capibilities of the iPod, including one that'll allow you to download a DVD. I hear it takes several hours, though.

9. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 29 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]355213[/snapback]</div>
    Hey! If you are interested in non-music there is audible.com. Many, if not all their titles are available through iTunes. If you include podcasts in the non-music category, most are free and there is simply no other service besides iTunes that can keep you occupied for a lifetime with free material. Podcast integration within iTunes has not even begun to be imitated by others.

I have noticed that other software, playforsure or zune-based, seems to push Britney Spears and K-Fed. iTunes has proudly displayed NPR front center in its podcast page.

10. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Also, this was recently posted on www.macrumors.com:

So have faith! Apple is working on it!

11. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 29 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]355202[/snapback]</div>
    Wow you steal music? Why am I not surprised?

12. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Nov 29 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]355339[/snapback]</div>
    Blow me, and if I were in fact "stealing" copyrighted material (last I knew, peer to peer was not exclusive to copyrighted material), what are you going to do about it?

Let me answer:

What typical radical liberals like you would do...

...nothing but WHINE.

:D

13. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 29 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]355364[/snapback]</div>
    What typical hypocrites like you would do... lie and cheat. I don't think Jesus would steal music, or does your god lie and steal too? Not surprising.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

15. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Nov 29 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]355530[/snapback]</div>
    ...boy we're full of ASSumptions aren't we? Lots of parallels between you and michael moore, that nice pre-painted picture based on nothing but irrational hate and bias fed to those who can't really think for themselves...

..and from what I know of Jesus, of course he wouldn't steal music, WE'RE the ones who sin, any idiot knows that...oh wait, forgot who I'm conversing with... :lol:

..and oh yeah, my God can beat up your God... :p