1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod in 07' with Nav and JBL 9 spkr/6 Disc CD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by txav8r, Feb 3, 2007.

1. txav8r

txav8r Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is the DICE iPod Integration unit needed to just use the Ipod with the aux miniplug in the console glovebox? Do you have to have the Dice to use the MFD touchscreen to view and control the iPod? I have a Coastal Ultimate Lockpick 3 already that has a hookup lead but not for iPod and it has provided audio/video RCA jacks. I have ordered an iPod but have never used one. I have no desire for XM or Sirrus. Does DICE stand for anything or is it the company that makes them? Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi. DICE is an acronym for Digital In Car Entertainment.

To listen to your new iPod, you need a male-male stereo cable; one end plugs into your iPod earphone jack, the other end into the AUX IN jack in the console. You set the radio to AUX and control the iPod directly. This is not the best quality sound, but it's cheap and easy.

If you want to control the iPod from the steering wheel and MFD screen, you need a device, like the DICE unit, that can provide a digital interface between the controls and the iPod. It will have a cable that plugs into the bottom of the iPod. Better quality sound and remote control of the iPod.

DICE Electronics now offers an HD Radio interface, and for $40 more you can add an iPod cable. I don't know how any of this stuff will work with a Coastal Lock Pick.

Have fun! And welcome to PriuChat!