1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ipod integration based on VIN #?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dminor, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Dminor

Dminor New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So I just bought my Prius last Friday, 11/16/07, and after researching the forum and hearing that people have had success with DICE and other after market ipod integrations, I decided that I'd do the full setup. So I called a PC forum recommended stereo shop in Culver City and was informed by the installer that based on where my vehicle was made would determine whether or not my car would be DICE (or similar) compatible.

The installer asked for the VIN# and called the dealership where I bought the car to see where it was built so that he could determine which unit would give the best integration. I find this sort of odd.

Have any of you heard anything about this?

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's a little silly. At least for Toyota; since all their radios with the exception of the Avalon are exactly the same in their capabilities for accessories from 04 and on, with trim level not being important.

If you had a Honda, it makes more sense. If you had a BMW, it would make a lot of sense :p

So the moral of the story is yes, your car is compatible with all the various options out there, no specific model restrictions.